If you want a low maintenance fundraiser that offers a variety of options, coffee or tea fundraising can be a great idea. It’s inexpensive and can often be a great seller, especially during the holiday season. Also, there are many companies who will personalize your coffee bags with the name of your organization. This is what you should know about coffee fundraisers:
1. It’s pretty inexpensive. This type of fundraiser is similar to selling candles or another product that has a set price. You buy the coffee at a certain rate per unit, and then you earn a certain amount of money from the sale of each unit. So, you might earn something like 40% on coffee bag sold.
2. There are many to choose from. There are a number of companies like Giving Bean and Driven Coffee, to name a few. Do your research to explore the features and benefits of fundraising with a certain company and choose the one that is right for you and your charity.
3. Beware hidden fees. Things like shipping costs or minimum order fees can add up in a hurry, so if you can find a company that offers free shipping or doesn’t charge you for product that you don’t end up selling, then that’s the best way to go. Read the fine print to make sure you won’t be subject to other unnecessary fees.
4. Set a pre-determined selling period. Whether you run your fundraiser for two weeks or a month, it’s best to identify a relatively short selling period that will give both your sellers and your buyers a sense of urgency. You want to make the most out of that selling period, so this gives people a parameter to work within.
5. It’s a great price point, so it’s an easy sell. Rather than selling something that is ridiculously expensive, it’s a low price point that most people can afford.