If you’re working on coming up with creative ideas for school fundraisers, it’s a great idea to come up with a list of potential ideas and pick the one or two that make the most sense for your organization. School fundraising can be a challenge, but if you think it through carefully, you can simplify the process. Here are our top five fundraising tips for schools:
1. Make it something that you can manage. If you’re heading up a fundraiser for your child’s class in school, making sure you choose a strategy that is low maintenance is really important. If it’s too daunting and too time consuming, the event won’t be successful. Plus, you definitely won’t get help from other parents if it’s something that is too difficult to manage!
2. Make sure it’s something that will help the community. Yes, the goal is to raise money for the school, but if it’s something that will benefit the greater community, then you’re efforts will pay off even more.
3. Try to make it as inexpensive as possible. There are numerous resources online that will offer ideas about how to do cheap fundraising that still get results. Gather a team of your best researches and come up with a list of inexpensive fundraising ideas and you’ll find something that will be the right fit.
4. Make sure to include everyone. This is very important when it comes to school fundraising. Make sure to reach out to other students, teachers, and especially other parents to raise awareness about your intentions to raise money. The more people you have involved and interested, the more successful your fundraising event will be.
5. Use all of your resources. Whether your talent is building relationships in person, spreading the word via letter, or using online tools like blogging or social media, using all of the resources that you have available will truly make you more successful than anything else.