Fundraising doesn’t have to be an overblown, complicated thing. There are plenty of low-cost, low-maintenance ways to raise money that won’t break the bank or take up hours of your valuable time. If you’re trying to go for fun and easy, coming up with do-it-yourself fundraising events can be the way to go. To get you started on your moneymaking quest, here are the top five easy fundraising ideas:
1. Have a 50/50 Raffle. This is an incredibly easy way to raise money and requires very little, except some signs and word of mouth buzz. The way this fundraising event works is that people donate to your cause and then whatever money you make is split between the winner of the raffle and the charity. All you need is a donation jar and some free marketing!
2. Have a car wash to raise money. We’ve said it over and over again, but that’s because this old standby fundraiser really works. You need volunteers from your organization, some basic supplies and a place to host your car wash. You’ll make money in no time with this easy event.
3. Sell food or candy. With so many companies advertising their fundraising partnership opportunities online now, it’s a piece of cake to sign up with a company to sell candy bars, cookies, or other products. All you have to do is find a reputable company, sign up, and they take care of shipping your goods to sell.
4. Offer to sell snacks or food at an event. If you’re doing a school fundraiser for example, offer to sell bottled water, sodas or snacks at a school game. It’s easy to go to big box discount store and buy items at a reduced cost that you can sell for a profit at the game.
5. Launch a campaign online. Now it’s a breeze to launch a blog, website, or Facebook page to amp up your fundraising efforts.