Silent auctions are the perfect way to raise money while creating a lot of awareness about your charity because it’s usually a major event that can give you the opportunity to present your organization in front of a large audience. If you’re interested in hosting a silent auction event, here is our take about the five best silent auction ideas:
1. Auction off a ‘bucket list’ adventure. There is nothing more appealing to bidders than the idea of having a totally unique, once in a lifetime adventure. That’s why a travel experience like hiking Machu Picchu or taking a boat trip across the rivers of Europe can be a great auction item. Work with a travel partner to see if you can get a package that will drive up bids.
2. A primo sports event. How about VIP tickets to an NFL game? Or better, VIP seats in a VIP box with VIP treatment! Include dinner at an awesome local restaurant, a limo ride to the game, and any other cool thing that you can think of and you’ll have a lot of bids in no time.
3. Something that is signed by a famous person. Whether you want to auction off an album signed by a famous rock star or a basketball signed by an NBA MVP, autographed (certified) items can do great in a silent auction.
4. Make it a spa day. Nothing gains more attention than a day (or a weekend) at the spa. Partner with a local premier local spa to put together a package that will entice the highest bidders.
5. Offer something valuable. Services can also do really well at silent auctions. Things like a yard remodel, six months of house cleaning, and weekly car washes can also be fun to auction off.