If you’re hosting a fundraiser for a small group, you need to take a different tack from a large non-profit strategy. Small group fundraisers need to be simple, inexpensive, and you need to be sure that you can handle hosting an event with a small number of volunteers. For some ideas to get your creative juices flowing, take a look at these ten fundraisers for small groups:
1. Car wash. The ever popular, classic school band fundraiser is great because it always works (weather permitting of course), it’s cheap, and young people love to have some fun with this one. We highly recommended it for school groups.
2. Selling cool stuff. From cookie dough to candles, signing up with any number of online companies will have your group making money in no time.
3. Have a 50/50 raffle. It’s very simple. You sell tickets and fifty percent of the proceeds go into a donation bucket and the other fifty percent goes into a winner’s pot. The winner gets half and the other half gets donated to your group.
4. Host a charity yard sale. Again, it’s a super simple concept that requires some tables, a few volunteers and a good place to host it. Have people from your group donate goods and then sell those goods for a profit.
5. Sell pizza. Whether you host pizza night during a specific event or sell pizza by the slice at a sporting event, for example, this can be an easy way to raise money.
6. Offer a service. Help people move, mow lawns, or clean houses for donations.
7. Have a bake sale. Yum, yum! This one is great for church groups or similar. Have volunteers bake delicious treats, bag them in cute packaging and sell them for a profit.
8. Discount cards. There are a number of companies online that can help you with this. You can get local businesses involved and sell people discount cards that will give them valuable discounts at their favorite local restaurants.
9. Auction things off. Whether you get prizes donated from local businesses or you make gift baskets, this can be a creative and useful way to raise money for your organization.
10. Have a babysitting pool. This is great for parents who want to get away together. Offer to volunteer babysit for a small fee or donation.