It’s almost impossible to run a successful mid or high volume fundraising campaign nowadays without going online. If you’re launching a fundraiser and you plan to go online with your fundraiser, you’re in luck because there are oodles of tools that you can use to help boost your efforts. Here are five tips for successful online fundraising:
1. Utilize a professional fundraising website platform. There are many out there to choose from now, so you won’t have trouble finding one. Although it may cost you some dough, it will be worth it in the end. This will help boost your organization’s profile and reputation and your site will have a clean and polished look.
2. Link everything through social media. It’s important to create a Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other profile that you can think of and link them all to your fundraising website. These are free tools that can really help you spread the word about the good work that your charity is doing.
3. Make it visually stunning. Today’s online atmosphere requires interaction and engagement. So, be sure that your website tells a story. Using compelling imagery like stunning photos or even interesting videos will help engage your potential donors and sponsors and keep them coming back.
4. Offer a prize or giveaway. People love free stuff, so offer a free t-shirt or mug with a newsletter sign up or donation, for example. You can even partner with an organization that might be willing to donate giveaway items if you give them a logo and link on your fundraising website, for example. Offer people something tangible in exchange for being a part of your charity.
5. Make donating easy. You should make it easy for people to donate money to your website—don’t make them jump through hoops to give your charity money. It’s also helpful to offer anonymous donation options.