If you’re in charge of your church fundraisers but you don’t know where to start, gather a team of supportive people together and start to brainstorm some ideas. The thing to keep in mind is to try to keep the cost down and to keep it as simple as possible. There are numerous ideas online and if you start asking around, you can come up with some great fundraising ideas to help your organization. To get you started, here are some tips for hosting church fundraisers:
1. Come up with an initial list of simple and inexpensive ideas. Most churches simply don’t have the budget to host a big event. So start as simple as possible with cheap events like a youth group car wash or selling donuts after church for a small profit. You can expand your list and do trial and error, but simple is key.
2. Get everyone involved. If it’s for the youth group in your church, be sure to get the parents involved. If you’re fundraising for an adult bible study class, then get the kiddos involved in some way too. The more helping hands you have, the better, and church is all about community anyways.
3. Use the church newsletter or bulletin. Most churches have some type of flyer, newsletter, or bulletin that they post important news to. If you’re hosting a donut sale, bake sale, car wash, or more, make sure the time and location is posted in your church bulletin.
4. Get other churches in your parish involved. If your fundraiser is for something larger scale—a mission trip for example—partner with neighboring churches in your parish or area to see if you can combine fundraising efforts. There is power in numbers when it comes to fundraising.
5. Have an announcement made during a church service. This of course is a great way to spread the word about your fundraising event. You have a captive audience and it only takes a minute to make a special announcement.