Rather than selecting a more event-centered school fundraiser, why not try something a little more flexible and fun like a candy bar fundraiser? There are a variety of businesses that help charities organize and host this type of fundraiser. It can be a great way to make extra money for your school organization and it’s something that kids are eager to be a part of. With a little bit of online research, you will discover a number of companies—even some big name companies like Hershey’s that offer you options for your candy bar fundraiser. Here are some tips for hosting a candy bar fundraiser:
1. Find a company that offers added-value services. The options are almost endless, but it’s great if you can find a candy bar manufacturer that offers extra stuff like bonus giveaways for big buyers or star super sellers. Also, it helps to find a company that will offer special packaging for your specific organization.
2. Make sure the company has been in business for a while. It’s better to find a candy bar fundraising ‘veteran’ who has been in the fundraising business for a while. This insures that you will avoid snafus like late shipments, incorrect orders, and other mishaps.
3. It’s all about profit, profit, profit. Select a manufacturer that offers you a generous profit margin. After all, you’re in this to make money for your charity, so you need to do what’s best for your organization.
4. Make sure the company has a customer service line. Let’s face it: a fundraiser can be a stressful thing. You want to make sure that there is always someone that you can talk to about your candy bar fundraiser. If you have questions or concerns, you need to make sure that the company has a customer service line or that they offer an event coordinator who can offer you help.
5. Find out when you are supposed to pay. Make sure that you find a company that offers you the chance to pay for your products after the fundraiser is complete. You don’t want to end up with a lot of extra product that you have to pay for but you can’t sell. It’s best to find a company that will offer a tally followed by a payment.