Cookie fundraisers offer small groups like churches, schools and sports teams a great way to make money for their charity. There are many companies online that offer cookie products and similar add-ons (like coffee sales) that you can work with to create an entire fundraising event. It’s generally a low-cost and pretty low-maintenance way of raising money for your organization. Here are five popular cookie fundraising events to consider:
1. Make some dough. There are quite a few companies online that give you an opportunity to sell frozen cookie dough. Selling frozen cookie dough can be a great way to make money for your charity, especially during the holiday season.
2. Have a bake sale. Bake sales are a fundraising classic because they are easy, fun, and low cost. All you need is a table and some willing volunteers to bake some yummy cookies to sell and you can make money in no time.
3. Go for Otis or someone famous. There are a number of popular cookie companies that work with people to host fundraisers, such as Otis Spunkmeyer and others. They usually offer great customer service and inexpensive goods that you can sell as part of your fundraising efforts.
4. Make it themed. A themed cookie fundraiser is a great idea, especially if they are built around special occasions that your organization is somehow involved in. For example, you can host a Halloween bake sale and sell decorated Halloween cookies. Or, you can create your own cookie bouquets and sell them during Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
5. Have a bake off. Hosting an event like a baking contest with guest judges can be a fun social event that can also raise awareness for your charity. You can host an event that includes a cookie baking contest (or even a cookie decorating contest) and either charge a small entry fee or charge for cookies and refreshments.