Ring in the New Year with a new commitment to your organization by hosting a fundraiser to celebrate the New Year. New Year’s Eve fundraisers can make a big splash and generate excitement for your charity for the upcoming year. Also, it can kick start your efforts to make your financial goals for the next year as you will be starting the year off in the positive column. Here are five fun New Year’s Eve fundraising ideas:
1. Host a star-studded gala. Everyone loves a good New Year’s Eve party, so why not pull out all the stops and host a black tie event like a gala? Hire some supreme entertainment and the best caterers in the city and you’ll let everyone know what your organization is capable of. You can charge big bucks for the event and people will love the excuse to party for a good cause.
2. Have a fun run. The New Year often gets people to thinking about their fitness goals for the upcoming year. That’s why it’s the perfect time to host a charity fun run or fun walk. People will love to start their year off by focusing on fitness goals and you can raise money for your charity, so it’s a win-win.
3. Host a wine or champagne tasting party. This is great for smaller groups and can be a truly fun way to spend this special holiday. Invite people to bring a selection of snacks, wine and champagne and spend the evening sampling your favorites. You can charge a small entry fee and accept donations.
4. Host a concert. Do you know of some great local bands? Host a New Year’s Eve concert for a charitable cause and invite the best acts you know. It will give people something fun to do and will raise big bucks.
5. Host a garage sale. The New Year always makes people want to clean out and organize their homes. This is a great time of year for a charity yard sale as people want to get rid of unwanted things after they load up with new Christmas gifts.