The beauty of small group fundraising is that you are not held hostage to policies and procedures like you would be if you were hosting a fundraiser for a large non-profit. This means that you can use a little bit of ingenuity and creativity to host a fundraiser that will help you raise money and bring new followers to your cause. Here are five good fundraising ideas for any small group:
1. Design a t-shirt. This is especially cool if you have someone who is a bit of an artist in your small group. You can design a t-shirt with your group’s logo or motto and a cool design and then sell the shirts for a profit for your group. Friends and family that are affiliated with your group will love to show their support, and who doesn’t need a new t-shirt anyways? Make it even more interesting by having a contest in which people vote for their favorite design.
2. Have a bake sale. Tried and true, this fun and delicious fundraising event is great for groups that have a common area where they can sell their wares such as a church hall or a school cafeteria. You can even make it themed and have a pie, cake, or cookie sale.
3. Host a pizza night. Pick your favorite local pizza restaurant and work with them to host a pizza night. Usually, your group gets a small discount on pizzas and then a portion of the proceeds go directly to your charity, but there are many ways to host a pizza restaurant. Get in touch with your local pizza places for more details.
4. Offer to have a concession stand at an event. If you’re fundraising for a school, for example, approach the school about setting up a charity concession stand during a sports game or a band concert. People always need refreshments and they will love to support other causes at the school.
5. Sponsor an action. Whether it be walking a 5k, running a marathon, or biking for 40 miles, collecting sponsors for a specific feat that someone will perform is a great way to raise money.