Sometimes it’s hard to come up with good fundraising ideas that will actually make money. But the collective brainpower of young people is a valuable tool. So, if you’re trying to think of creative youth group fundraising ideas, gather together your group of young minds and get creative. To help kick-start the process, here are five fun church fundraising ideas:
1. Have a candle sale. Candles are a great way to raise money for your church youth group or organization. They are often used for prayer and celebration, so they are commonly associated with church. There are a number of companies that can be found on the internet that specialize in candle sales.
2. Sell gift baskets around the holidays. Gift baskets are a fun and exciting way to raise money and generate interest in your youth group. If you sell them around the holidays, you can create themed baskets for men, women, kids, and more and sell them for a profit.
3. Have a bake-off or a cook-off. Food may be one of the most powerful fundraising tools available. Have your youth group host a bake-off with the most popular members that like to bake. Or host something like a chili cook-off and charge a nominal entry fee. It’s a fun event and members of your congregation can fill their bellies.
4. Set up a talent show night. Talent shows can be a highly engaging and entertaining fundraiser. Find your funniest comedians, your best singers, and the people who are the best dancers in your congregation and set up a talent show night. Charge an admission fee and you can even charge a small fee for refreshments to raise extra money.
5. Give a presentation to the congregation. One of the best ways to raise money for your church group might simply be giving the congregation a presentation about your cause during a mass or church service. You can appeal to their heart and soul and you have a captive audience!