If you think you know all there is to know about hosting a charity auction, think again. If you get a little bit more creative, you can expand your horizons beyond your typical charity silent auction. Fundraising auctions can be a great way to generate excitement about what you are trying to do for non-profit and you can raise awareness by making a splash with your auction. Here are five unique and fun charity auction ideas:
1. Auction off a heart-pumping experience. Rather than doing a standard auction, why not up the ante with an incredible once in a lifetime experience? Think a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon or a hot air balloon adventure.
2. Find some super cool memorabilia. Try something like a signed football by a popular NFL player or a guitar signed by a real rock start. Go for the gold with your auction and try to find something that will rake in the bids.
3. Auction off some season passes. Do you have a theme park in the area or a children’s museum that people love? Why not auction off some special season passes. These are things that people will often pass up on their own but they may put in a bid if it’s something that’s hard to get and for a good cause. It’s even better if you auction off a bundle of season passes.
4. Monthly maid service for a year. People love to have their house cleaned—especially if they don’t have to lift a finger. Work to get a monthly cleaning service donated and auction off a monthly service during your event.
5. Back to the basics. People will love to see standard auction items at your event. Things like gift baskets and theater tickets are almost an expectation, but they are very effective auction items so don’t forget to use them during your auction!