Heading up a sports team fundraiser can be hard work, but you don’t want it to be. Teachers are busy and so are parents, so you need to come up with a fundraising effort that won’t cost much cash up front and will be quick and easy. Here are five easy fundraising ideas for sports teams:
1. Sell concessions during a game. This is a great idea, especially because if you’re raising money for your team, there are already supporters in attendance. Go to a big box store and stock up on sodas, candy and chips and sell them for a profit during the game. Make sure to let people know that profits support the team.
2. Sell rubber bracelets. Fundraising bracelets can be a great way to raise money for your team while also providing people with a little bit of bling in the form of team spirit. There are many companies that work with small groups to sell fundraising bracelets. Best of all, they are inexpensive, so they are an easy sale.
3. Host a candy bar fundraiser. Go with Hershey’s, Nestle, or something similar and sell some serious chocolate. You’ll be amazed at how much money you can make with this super simple fundraiser. Pick a reputable company that won’t make you pay up front or promise to sell a certain amount and you’ll start raking in the dough for your team.
4. Sell a cool team t-shirt. What parent doesn’t love to proudly sport their child’s team name on a t-shirt? Sell team t-shirts to friends and family and you’ll rally team spirit and raise money for much needed equipment and tournaments.
5. Write a letter or email. Sounds simple, but it can be really effective. Simply spreading the word about your team and what they need and you will be well on your way to reaching your financial goals.