If you work for a charity and you’re looking for big money fundraising ideas, consider doing some research online and making some contacts at other charitable organizations. Chances are, they’ll be able to offer some good advice and some unique ideas to help take your fundraising efforts to the next level. For big groups, here are five big money fundraising event ideas:
1. Host a 5K run. It doesn’t have to be just a 5K run or charity walk. You can do a 10K, a marathon, or even a bike ride. The important thing to know is that races like this can be great moneymakers and can generate a lot of interest an excitement.
2. Apply for a grant. This takes some significant research and someone who is an expert and grant writing and the applications processes. But, many large charitable organizations apply for grants and are highly successful at it, so it’s worth looking into.
3. Host a gala. Dazzle potential donors with a start-studded, black tie dinner event. This requires that you spend some major bucks, so you have to be sure that you invite the right crowd to attend, but the payoff can be huge. Hire some entertainment, spare no expense on the food, and generate real awareness and excitement through a gala.
4. Launch an online campaign. To really hit it big with an online fundraiser, you have to use all tools that you can access to spread the word. Create a snazzy website, spend some money to generate great content on your blog and create optimized and engaging social media channels to hit your fundraising efforts on every online front.
5. Host a major auction event. If you’re thinking big money, you’ll have to up the ante with big ticket auction items like cruises, sports memorabilia, and more. Auctions can be really successful if you find the right items to auction off.