When it comes to fundraising, there are an almost overwhelming amount of fundraising products available online. Before choosing the right product for your organization, you need to have a dedicated group of volunteers and understand clearly what your goals of the fundraiser. Do you want to raise money only? Or raise awareness? State your intentions and set a goal before you start. Here is some advice about how to choose the right fundraising products to sell.
1. Make sure that the product you choose makes sense for your particular organization. You want to make sure that the company’s mission matches your charity’s personal mission. For example, if you are raising money for an eco-friendly non-profit, you need to choose a product that is considered eco-friendly or you just won’t be successful.
2. Do your research about the company. It’s easy to find reviews and information online nowadays. Be sure to research the company to make sure it’s reputable and above-board before signing on the dotted line.
3. Ensure that you have some point of contact at the company. The worst thing that can happen to your fundraiser is that it falls apart because you haven’t gotten your order yet or have questions that go unanswered. Make sure that the fundraising company offers some kind of customer service contact that you can get in touch with should questions or problems arise.
4. Make sure you don’t have to be responsible for goods that go unpurchased. The best companies to go with are the ones that don’t have commitment requirements. You don’t want to end up losing your profits because you have to pay for products that you were not able to sell.
5. Free marketing materials are helpful. The best companies offer helpful and attractive marketing materials that you can use for your fundraiser. Look for these types of services and you’re likely to be more successful.