No matter who the candidate is, getting your ideal candidate elected is important to you and your campaign fundraising group. So, if you’re in local politics, how do you go about raising the money that’s necessary to get your person into the office they are running for? There are countless political campaign fundraising ideas, but here are our top picks:
- Host a gala. Wining and dining potential donors is a standard political fundraiser quite simply because it works. This gives your candidate the chance to shake hands with people, have personal conversations, and give a speech to a room full of people who are likely supporters.
- Texting for donations. This has become increasingly popular in recent years as it’s one of the easiest ways to solicit donations from supporters. You can set up this program with a text donation provider. Once you’ve done the initial set up, you text the people on your donor list and request that they donate a specific amount of money. Then the donation cost is adding to the cell phone bill and you receive the profits.
- Get them to make a pledge. Pledging donations can work in many ways. You can get individuals to pledge a matching donation if your organization raises a certain amount. You can get individuals to pledge a donation amount over the entire year.
- Sell political garb. One of the best ways to raise money is to sell political garb that represents your candidate. T-shirts, hats, towels, buttons, and other fun items can help you rally support but also make you big profits. Just be sure to be wary of the cost of producing these items and factor in shipping and other manufacturing costs so that you truly do make a profit.
- Hit the streets. Want to gather donations and support the good old fashioned way? Gather your fundraising team and get them to hit the streets. Have them go door to door to neighbors and friends asking for support. Another grassroots way to raise money is to pick up the phone and start calling supporters for donations.