There are a lot of tricks of the trade to learn when working on creating a fundraising website for your charity. Fundraising sites are only worth something, for example, if you’re going to take some time to develop your message and try to engage audiences with it. Online fundraising websites can be a highly effective method of raising money and you really can’t afford not to do it in today’s connected world. Here are some things to keep in mind that will teach you how to raise money with a donation website:
• When choosing from different funding websites, stick with the heavy hitters. Go with something that people will instantly recognize like GoFundMe and Crowdrise. You’ll be able to find potential donors simply by listing your charity on their site.
• Use every tool that they offer. So many professional fundraising website host companies offer amazing benefits like social sharing and interactive tools. They are also super simple to use and are easily managed with social media profiles.
• Don’t pay big bucks. It’s so easy and cheap to build websites now that there is absolutely no reason to spend a lot of money to do it unless perhaps you are large non-profit organization. There are many sites online that will make it super simple and cost effective to build now.
• Think about your brand. Use logos, slogans, and personal anecdotes to enhance your fundraising site and demonstrate that you are a highly organized, bona fide working charity.
• If you can add interactive media, do so. Google loves things like videos, whitepapers, and infographics, and so do users. So, adding engaging content to your website can only drive traffic to your website and hopefully bring new donors to your fundraising site. Take the time to carefully craft content that will interest people and you will be rewarded.
• Have a newsletter sign up, and then create one regularly. You want to keep people invested, so create a monthly newsletter that will keep your audiences interested in your future plans and accomplishments.