This is the generation of email communication, which is why you are asking for donations, it’s important to make email marketing part of your outreach as a nonprofit organization. There are a number of ways to structure nonprofit email marketing, but it’s best to sit down and do a bit of research ahead of time to see if you can find a fundraising email template to work off of. Here are some helpful hints for non profit email marketing:
• Create your own fundraising email template. It’s helpful to use an email marketing service such as MailChimp or Constant Contact that will allow you to important manage contacts. Also, many paid services like this give you an opportunity to create an email template that you can alter and then use over and over again.
• Tie your email to a direct action. Whether you want people to learn more about a fundraising event or better yet, make a donation online, tying your fundraising email to a direct action is what you need to do. Include a very clear and direct call to action.
• Write a compelling subject line. As with any email marketing campaign, the ‘pitch’ will be the key to your success. If you don’t have a compelling subject line, people won’t even open the email to read your request for donations. Look for ideas, get creative, and try your luck with something unique.
• Make your email stand out. Playing with visuals can also spell success for an online fundraising campaign. Getting creative by telling a story about the works of your nonprofit through images, logos, infographics, and more can tell people a story while asking them to act by giving.
• Let them know how they can reach you. Whether you have a donation line, an email support line, or an individual person that can help them, let people know how they can reach you if they need to.