Gift basket fundraisers can be a really unique and fun way to raise money for charity. Whether you choose to raffle them off, use them as part of a silent auction, or simply sell them for a profit, fundraising baskets can make you big money if you pick a great time and place to sell them. Gift baskets are appealing because they can be neatly packaged and themed and they are the perfect item to use for your charity during big gift giving seasons like Christmas. Here are some creative fundraising basket ideas:
- Baby baskets. Who doesn’t have a family or friend with a baby in their life? Put together a baby basket with toys, bath gel, baby clothes, baby books or more. It’s a great gift for a baby shower or new parent and it will make you big bucks for your charity.
- Book lovers basket. This one is an awesome idea for those bookworms. Include new books, magazines, bookmarks, a mug with hot tea, or even artwork with famous quotes by novelists. A great way to raise money, especially if your charity involves books.
- A pet gift basket. For cat lovers and dog lovers, what’s more appealing than a gift basket for furry babies? You can include pet treats, photo frames for animals, leashes and collars and dog or cat toys.
- Green thumb gift basket. This one is fun for spring and summer when flowers will start blooming. Put together a basket that includes gardening gloves, tools, seed packets, herb labels and more.
- Outdoor adventure basket. Do you know people that love to camp and spend time in the outdoors? How about a basket with flashlights, adventure books, insect repellent, sunscreen, a cooler and more? Adventure lovers will love this one.
- A day at the beach. Pack some flip flops, sunscreen, beach toys, beach towels and other stuff into a bright colored basket for a fun in the sun beach basket.